- Attend and participate in department meetings that cover safety, quality and productivity issues.
- Able to review receiving documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain the freezer configuration according to the approved layout for product, packaging and equipment storage.
- Properly load a pallet make sure loads are stable and secure.
- Practice good housekeeping skills i.e. clean up spills immediately or flag the area off, avoid blocking emergency exits and report any potential hazards to a supervisor.
- Follow all established safety rules and obey safety signs and tags.
- Ensure product is inspected for quality, product/pallets properly tagged and rotated.
- Understand how to read and utilize pick tickets to pick, pack and load orders.
- Verify that all return labels have been approved/checked prior to placing product back in inventory.
- Understand and perform all the appropriate HACCP plans assigned.
- Ensure product is fully received, rotation is complete and product is staged in the correct quantities.
- Promptly report all needed repairs and ensure preventive maintenance is performed on your equipment.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Shift: Mon – Sun on Day Shift w/Saturday off, 4pm until finished (hours can run up to 14-hour days)
- Must be able to work in cold temperatures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Regularly exposed to subzero temperatures for extended periods of time of time
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud